User manual for the digital conference
- For participants (viewers)
- Please make sure that you are using the latest version of your internet browser. We do not recommend using Internet Explorer as browser. Please also make sure that you do not open too many tabs in your browser.
- We advise using a laptop or computer in order to guarantee an optimal visualization. Of course, the use of mobile devices is also supported but may not be optimal.
- For active session participants (speakers)
- In regard of connectivity and quality, we recommend the use of a LAN connection instead of the use of wifi.
- Please make sure that your audio and video quality is sufficient.
- Please check whether your browser and operating system supports the use of Zoom.
- Please check whether you installed the Zoom client for meetings.
- Please make sure that your connection speed provides 2 Mbps upload, 4 Mbps download or better. You can test your internet connection speed.
- Please make sure that your audio settings are appropriate. You can check your settings in advance here. You can improve the quality by using a headset.
- Please make sure you are using a sufficient source of light (in front of you, not in the background or on your side).
Code of conduct
1. General rules
- Please use your real name unless your pseudonym is generally known.
- Please use a profile picture (portrait, face not covered) so that participants can identify you and can get in touch with you more easily.
- Recording presentations in any form (audio, video, photo) as well as distributing the material is not permitted.
2. Chat rules
- Politeness and respect are of highest priority.
- Please follow the chairs’ instructions.
- Personal offense, racist and sexist comments are not permitted, and will be deleted accordingly.
- Spam and ads are not permitted either and will be deleted accordingly.
The organizers retain the right that they will exclude anyone who does not follow the rules listed.